The Greatest Sound
"An empty vessel makes the greatest sound"

Practice, Practice


In the 10 days that I've been here prior to the start of competition, I've spent a good amount of time watching the Short Track Speed Skaters and Figure Skaters practice out at Pacific Coliseum and their smaller practice facilities around the city.  It's been a real honor (honour, ha ha) to be prive to the routines and training tactics, but I haven't felt comfortable posting anything on the web about it... wouldn't want to give away any secrets!!! I've gotten some really great information about who to watch, what to expect and just how hard these guys worked to get here.  I've interviewed countless athletes whom have said that the last four years of their lives have been dedicated to this moment.   The amount of dedication and personal sacrifice is  just unfathomable to a non-Olympic athlete like myself.  When I see Speed Skaters fall in the final like the South Koreans did this evening, my heart breaks a little for them because I know how bad they've wanted it.   Here are a few images and moments that I've gotten from practice, there will be more to come as they will continue to practice in the mornings prior to competition ... and like I have the last 10 days, I'll be there!




 The ceiling at Pacific Coliseum         


                                                        

Some Short Trackers



Our trusty camera catching all of the good stuff


Some blurry figure skating pairs. 


I HAVE A BUNCH OF VIDEOS WHICH TELL THE STORY BETTER, JUST TRYING TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO UPLOAD VIDS ON THIS.... ANYONE???

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

Shakespeare voices this phrase through the title character in Henry V, but it is believed to have originated from a similar Plato quote, "As empty vessels make the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest blabbers." In religion, one is often told to be a vessel - a willing mind ready to receive. Many religious philosophers encouraged followers to "be empty". In pop culture, however, the same term is considered an insult. The "empty vessel approach" in philosophy shows stupidity or a lack of motivation... Like the phrase, my blog is a little tongue-in-cheek, neither great, nor a sound. But then again, I'm just an empty vessel.